1. Explain the different forms of child abuse? Include Shaken Baby Syndrome in your response.
Physical abuse, emotional abuse, sexual abuse, and neglect.
Physical, violence toward a child by a parent or other caregiver.
Emotional, causes the victim to feel worthless and rejected.
Neglect, parents do not care for their child’s physical, emotional, educational or disciplinary needs.
2. What types of physical care must a parent provide an infant child?
Love, teaching, clean cloths, feeding, bathing, and toys
3. What are some strategies for helping a child cope with stress?
Make sleeping a priority, manage your own stress, make time to play.
Critical Thinking Questions
1. What is the difference between a protective environment and a nurturing environment?
A protective environment keeps the child from having real life experiences.
And a nurturing environment allows the child to learn from their mistakes that lead them to make good decisions and later on in life.
2. How children’s do need change as they grow through development stages from infancy to teen years? How do special needs children differ?
As an infant they need help doing absolutely everything. Once they get to their terrible 2’s they need a lot of attention as this stage of their life can dictate a lot of important factors of growing up.
3. List and explain factors a parent can control that lead to a nurturing environment. Include…