Job Analysis Paper

Submitted By Cleveland20
Words: 1237
Pages: 5

History of University of Texas Health Science Center
Located in heart of San Antonio, Texas is one of the premier academic medical institutions that is a component of the University of Texas System, known as the University of Texas Health Science Center (UTHSCSA). This dynamic institute specializes in health science education in addition to research; while preparing today’s students to become professional individuals that will transform and change lives. The South Texas Medical School (UTHSCSA) was established in 1959, the first class held consisted of 15 student that was temporarily accommodated at Trinity University in 1966. Several significant events took place within the development of the UT Health Science Center between the years of 1969 – 2011. The major events that has aided in the UT Health Science Center developments are the accreditations of the Dental and Nursing School. The School of Allied Health Sciences and Graduate School of Biomedical Sciences was created and designated to UT Health Science Center in San Antonio where the Frank Harrison was appointed the first president. Monetary gifts and donations were given to UTHSCSA for the establishment of the Institution of Biotechnology, Regional Academic Health Center located in the Rio Grande Valley (aka RAHC), and monies furthermore aided in medical research for small subcortical strokes, which is common to South Texas. Consistent growth lead to the agreement signing for the new Life Sciences Institute that collaborated research as well as education partnership. In addition to the fore mention UT Health Science Center received their first public endowment of $200 million dollars given by the State of Texas, the endowment is what established the Children’s Cancer Research Institute. Further, donations continued to enhance the development of the UT Health Science Center, companies such as Valero Energy Corporation donated $5 million in 2007, the Greehey Family Foundation donated $25 million in 2007, and Joe R. & Teresa Lozano Long donated another $25 million this has made it possible for future endeavors within the UT Heath Science Center, at the end of year 2012 UTHSCSA current endowment was estimated at $405 million.
William L. Henrich, M.D., is the current president of the University of Texas Health Science Center, President Henrich oversees a $736 million budget, 6,000 employees among other activities. Among the fore mention William L. Henrich M.D. continues to serve as an active physician of the renal consultant service at University Hospital and the Audie L. Murphy Division of the South Texas Veterans Health Care System with a specialty in kidney research. The mission state is of upmost importance for William L. Henrich and he makes sure that the mission statement is lived out in all aspects of the day-to-day operations of the medical university.
The mission statement: “Is to make lives better through excellence in education, research, health care and community engagement.”
Working alongside the President is Vice President and Chief Operating Officer Michael E. Black, M.B.A., and Chief Communications Officer Mary G. Delay, M.B.A., both COO and the CCO support President William L. Henrich, M.D. in carry-out the daily business to ensure the success of the UT Health Science Center.
Although UT Health Science Center isn’t world-wide, it’s comprised of four medical schools within the University of Texas System, and consist of eight campuses that extends 250 acres. Such as, the School of Medicine, School of Nursing, School of Dental, in addition to the School of Health Professions. These four medical schools are located on the Joe R. and Teresa Lozano Long Campus in San Antonio, TX. As of 2010, the School of Medicine was ranked 42nd on a national scale for primary health care, they also ranked 51st internationally in clinical skills research. The School of Medicine had an operating budget of $415 million in 2009. The medical school is driven by its own mission…