For your final assignment, please summarize your response to each of the following seven questions in 3-4 well thought out sentences.
Luck will not help you here – just good thinking~
1. Autonomous learners have a vision of where they want to go and who they want to be, and are aware they need strategies and good thinking skills to get there. What is your personal learning system as an autonomous learner? As an autonomous learner my personal system is to already have a vision of where I want to go and who I want to be. I try to have things planned out ahead of time and keep thoughts positive. I take one task at a time.
2. What learning strategies did you use this semester to help you be successful in your courses? How do you know you will learn better by using these strategies? Learning strategies that I used this semester to help me be successful in my courses were strategies such as note taking and repetition either through something catchy like a song for example. I know that I will learn better by using these strategies because they have worked for me in the past. I am open to try new strategies that will help improve my learning.
3. Give me an example of how you used your metacognition skills to support rather than sabotage your learning this semester. An example of how I used my metacognition skills to support rather than sabotage my learning this semester were by changing my train of thoughts. I turned thoughts such as "I'll finish it later" to "just get it done now so that I can do whatever I want after I'm done." I feel like this works for me most of the time.
4. What behavior management techniques did you use to build constructive habits and get rid of unproductive habits this semester? Some behavior management techniques that I used to build constructive habits were to get rid of distractions. Distractions that I felt were unproductive habits were things like Twitter or Instagram. A big one for me was going out with friends instead of doing my homework but that quickly changed, instead I would do my homework first and then reward myself with some friend time.
5. Give me an example of how you used elements of critical thinking to solve a problem this semester. An example of how I have used elements of critical thinking to solve…